Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nutrition Challenge


Recently, at my gym, we completed a 9 week nutrition challenge. The goal: follow a meal plan/diet for 9 weeks, set a goal for how often to attend the gym, and set a fitness goal you would like to accomplish. 


I chose the Zone Diet. I made the condition that I could eat out once every two weeks and that I would go to the gym 4 days a week. 

I set a goal of completing the beginning workout which was 10-30-50 pullups, situps and lunges for time, three minutes faster than intially. 

My results: 

22 lbs lost
18 inches lost
nutrition goal, kept
gym attendance, done
and my final workout: 
30 seconds faster, but in the first workout, my "50" lunges were cut to 30 because I was struggling so much. The final workout I did 50 lunges 30 seconds faster!

Because this was a gym-wide challenge, there was quite a bit of money in the pot. Though I didn't win, I did find out that I was one of six finalists. Made. My. Day. 

I just want you all to know that I am starting my own 30 day challenge. I am sticking with the Zone Diet. I am attending the gym three days a week, and my milestone workout will be  10 rounds of 200 Meter Run, 5 Overhead squats (45#), and 5 Wall Walks.  

If you want to know my workouts, checkout CrossfitSouthtown.com.  I am telling you, this stuff is fun! Also, a big shout out to the owner/trainer of Crossfit Southtown for always being so supportive: Thanks, Shellece!

2 comments: