Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Year of ME!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT ME!!!

So I have declared this the year of ME. What does this mean? I am going to stop putting myself in other places and keep myself at home (or with family). I am focusing on what I need physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I am going to stop being so busy that I don't have time to serve or share my mad ninja skills with my neighbors and friends. My husband doesn't believe I can do it. Not that he doesn't have faith in me, but usually after every major event I host/help/work at I promise myself never to do it again - and I always do. But not this year!

I have already started somewhat by developing the 4S' diet. Its not really a diet as much as it is a challenge. Starting on January 1st, I am abstaining from Sugar, Soda, Seconds, and Starches - for a year.  Aside from a hard day once in a while, it hasn't been too bad to maintain. I have dropped 14lbs so far and feel really good. I don't miss sugar as much as I thought I would. :)

Next, I am giving up my community theater work for the year. I love doing it, but it has seemed to take up too much of my time. I am focusing on whats good, better or best and tho this volunteer work is good, its not better or best.

Finally, I am going to work on cultivating other talents/gifts. I am going to finish all my crafting projects. I am going to practice my guitar and ukulele more. I am going to write a lot more and I am going to run a lot more.

So there you have it. That's the project for the year so far. As I say in my mirror every morning... "Go get 'em, tiger!"

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jennie! More power to ya! "Go get 'em tiger!" (And ... SUCK IT!) :)

    ReplyDelete