Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Writing Prompts

As a writer, I sometimes find it hard to find topics to write about. So, I am experiementing with writing prompts. I will be using this blog as a forum for my writing from writing prompts. If any of you out there have a writing prompt you would like to share, please do so! And check back the next day for the results!  So as of today, here is the first writing prompt...

1. What is something that you lost or gave away that you can never replace.

In my short 36 years on this earth, I have lost or given away many things. In fact, I cannot remember much of what was given, but I remember many things losts. When something is lost, its a tragedy. Giving something doesn't not care the emotional trama of loss. So here is a short list of things I have lost in life...

  • One of my first dolls as a little girl. She was blond haired with a beautiful green velvet dress. I left her at the neighbor's house. When I went back to get her, the neighbor's little girl claimed not to know what I was talking about. I think she did.
  • My set of Maddona tapes. I think my mom threw them out. I knew every note and lyric on those tapes. Although now, I don't really regret losing them.
  • Trust. In my opinion once you lose someone's trust or they lose yours, its near impossible to get that back. Unfortunately, in 36 years, I know I have been on both sides of the trust coin.
  • I lost my dad a couple of years ago to cancer.  Sure, he was older and lived a long full life. But, I know for a fact that no matter how old your parent is, losing them SUCKS!
  • On that blue note, I have also lost a dear friend to cancer. My dear Kathy Jensen was the sweetest, most kind person I had ever met. Her absense is felt everyday.
I guess thats enough of what was lost. As the first post in this serious of writing prompts, I will have to mention this one is quite depressing. I hate leaving that mood to you as a reader. So here is a list of irreplacable things I have found in my lifetime.
  • I found my husband on-line...or he found me. Either way, I am most grateful to have such a love in my life. I had prayed, oh so long, for a love like his. I am blessed to have him in my life.
  • I found an awesome deal at the DI. I bought an old 1970's something coffee table that I promptly turned into a cute entertainment center. I consider this an amazing find!
  • I found myself among all the experiences of life. I found out who I am, what I like and don't like. I found out that I am stronger that I give myself credit for. I am one tough cookie with a tender heart. I cry when I am happy, sad, frustrated, angry, or irritated. I am a perfect mix of my mom and Dad's personality. I have just enough of each to make me pretty awesome.
  • I found a love for running.
  • I found a love for designing and creating.
I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment