Monday, July 2, 2012

When life gets busy and you forget to do,
The things you care for can forget you too.

So, lately, life has been going a million miles an hour. I have been working with my buddy Nancey Owen on the Relay for Life. We just completed our second year as The "A" Team! This year, we had lots of things come up. Namely, Nancey had some health issues. Needless to say we decided to go low key at Relay. Guess what! Best. Relay. Ever.  We raffled a new beach cruiser that was donated along with a beach bag full of stuff to go to the beach. The lady who won was so grateful. She had tears in her eyes. We also sold dutch-oven fruit cobler. Between the raffle and the cobler we made about $650. WOOT!  We also had the opportunity to host Holly and Trent Rasmussen on our team. They are currently fighting the battle of thier lifetime...and in my estimation they are winning!

Other going on's:

I was led by a friend from Hyrum to join the Time Out for Women team. Basically, I do some word of mouth stuff, share on facebook, and blog about it. In turn, I get free admission to the TOFW event, I also get to help usher, serve fellow sisters, and overall, have a great time. If any of you are interested, please let me know. I am putting together this week a group rate group.

I have also been asked to help with the Brigham City Temple Open House Cultural Celebration. I will be working behind the scenes, but I am so glad to help out.

Konnor Moore, Gary's son, is graduating this week from Marine Corp. Boot Camp. We are so proud of him and all he has done so far to change his path. I know it hasn't been easy, but he has worked hard to be better and has succeeded.

Well, thats all for now. Lots more to come...I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment